Size : 100 g
Dermovate Cream 100 g
Dermovate Cream 0.05% (Clobetasol)
Active ingredient : Clobetasol propionate
Dermovate Cream and ointment are applied to the skin to reduce inflammation in conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, and allergic skin reactions. They include medicines such as hydrocortisone, betamethasone, and clobetasol.
Ointments are more greasy than creams. They are preferable if your skin is dry, whereas moist or weepy skin is best treated with a cream. Using a cream or ointment allows the medicine to be applied directly to the inflamed area of skin.
The most important thing to remember with topical corticosteroid creams and ointments is to apply them very thinly. This minimizes the amount absorbed through the skin into the body.
How to use your topical corticosteroid cream or ointment
- The first time you take the cap off the cream or ointment you may find the end of the tube is sealed. You can pierce this seal by inverting the cap of the tube and pushing it into the end of the tube.
- Wash the affected area(s) of skin well and rinse away all traces of soap or cleanser.
- Pat the skin dry rather than rubbing it.
- Apply the cream or ointment thinly and evenly to the affected area(s).
- Gently massage the cream or ointment into the skin until it has all disappeared.
- Replace the cap on the tube.
- Wash your hands after applying the cream or ointment, unless the hands are the affected area.
- Topical corticosteroids should not be applied more than twice a day and once a day may often be sufficient. Follow the instructions your doctor or pharmacist gives you.
- If you have other creams, ointments, or lotions to use on the same area of skin you should try and leave about half an hour between applying each one so that they don’t mix on the skin.
How much should you use?
You can measure the amount required to “apply thinly” in terms of the length of cream or ointment squeezed out of the tube. This is measured in fingertip units. One fingertip unit is the distance from the tip of an adult index finger to the first crease of that finger.
The table below gives you a rough guide of how much cream or ointment to use for an adult. You should use less than this for smaller adults and children.
What is Dermovate Cream used for?
Dermovate cream and ointment are used in short courses to treat severe inflammatory skin disorders, such as those below, when milder corticosteroids have not been effective.
- Skin disorder called lichen planus, in which there are patches on the skin that appear as flat-topped, shiny, almost violet itchy areas.
- Skin disorder called discoid lupus erythematosus, which is caused by the immune system attacking the skin.
How does Dermovate Cream work?
Dermovate cream and ointment both contain the active ingredient clobetasol propionate, which is a type of medicine called a topical corticosteroid.
Corticosteroids (also known as steroids) are medicines used for reducing inflammation. Skin inflammation may occur as a result of an allergic reaction, or irritation of the skin. It is caused by the immune system releasing substances that make blood vessels in the skin widen. This makes the irritated area become red, swollen, itchy, and painful, as is seen in dermatitis or eczema.
When clobetasol is applied to the skin it works by acting inside the skin cells to decrease the release of these inflammatory substances. This reduces swelling, redness, and itch.
There is a range of potencies of corticosteroids applied to the skin. Clobetasol propionate is classed as a very potent corticosteroid. It is prescribed to treat severe inflammatory skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis that have not responded to weaker corticosteroids.
Dermovate ointment is more greasy than the cream. It is more suitable for very dry, scaly areas of skin, whereas moist or weepy skin is best treated with the cream.
In case of any complaint, please contact us immediately (email@example.com). Any complaints are handled individually and we always try to find a suitable and satisfactory solution.
We ship to United States, Europe and Asia only. If your locations are not located in that zone, please kindly E-mail us if you would like an item to ship out to your countries. if you want to send the item by courier or express way, please contact us for more details about the fee.